It’s been about a year since Time Magazine put the Death Penalty on its cover, with an analysis of capital punishment in this country and the reasons why the Death Penalty is dying here.
Let’s Read It Again and Consider What’s Happened.
It’s a good read. Now, here’s the question — does it hold up a year later, given that we’re seeing lots of things happening regarding the death penalty in this country. Things like:
- Arizona and Ohio not able to execute with lethal injection because they can’t find the drugs to do it?
- And Arkansas has just seen its high court rule that executions may proceed there?
- And Florida’s death penalty scheme is once again being challenged as unconstitutional?
- Not getting better at execution.
- Crime rate plunged.
- Dwindling justifications.
- Governments are going broke.
Read it again. See what you think.