The following motions have been filed by Terence Lenamon in the death penalty trial of Markeith Loyd and shared in his online library (full text). Click on the links to read the these motions, all dealing with the circumstances surrounding the apprehension of Markeith Loyd in January 2017 and the injuries he sustained as a result (e.g., loss of eye):
These are not the only pending motions filed by the defense regarding this issue. Other motions filed of record include the following:
- Motion to Compel Police Radio Communications During the Operation on January 17, 2017 When The Defendant Was Arrested for the Homicide of Sgt Deborah Clayton and to Provide Unredacted Transcripts and Audio Files on Material Previously Provided by FDLE and Prosecutor Stacy Salmons of the Eighteenth Judicial District (47 pages);
- Motion to Compel the Names of Orlando Police Department Employees who Identified Sgt James Parker; Sgt Anthony Mongelluzzo and Officer Cedrick Hinkles in a Photograph Created from Helicopter Footage Which Occurred on January 17, 2017 and Obtained from the Florida Department of Law Enforcement Provided by Orlando Police Department (7 pages);
- Motion to Compel the Names of Orange County Sheriff’s Department Employees who Identified Sgt James Parker and Officer Cedrick Hinkles on Transcripts of Radio Transmissions Which Occurred on January 17, 2017 from the Florida Department of Law Enforcement Provided by Orlando Police Department (22 pages);
- Motion to Compel Material Relating to Markeith Loyd Obtained by Florida Department of Law Enforcement from Orange County Jail (16 pages);
- Motion to Compel All Helicopter Reports, the Original Helicopter Video Footage (Entirety) and Name of Pilot and Camera Operator from the Orange County Sheriff’s Office Arising from the Arrest of Markeith Loyd on January 17, 2017 (21 pages);
- Motion to Compel Notes of Florida Department of Law Enforcement Digital Experts Regarding Analysis of Orange County Sheriff Office Helicopter Footage and Complete Video File Which Orlando Police Department Provided to Them (9 pages);
- Motion to Compel the Entire Internal Affairs File from the Orlando Police Department Investigation of Sgt James Parker, Sgt Anthony Mogelluzzo, Officer Cedrick Hinkles and Officer Johnathon Cute Involving the Deadly Force Used Against Markeith Loyd on January 17, 2017 (18 pages); and
- Motion to Compel the Arial Photograph Created from Helicopter Footage Which Occurred on January 17, 2017 and Shown by Sgt Bruce Vail to Deputy Broadwell Requesting Self-Identification and Any Other Photograph with Identification of Other Officers and the Names of Those Officers in the Possession of Orange County Sheriff’s Department or Any Other Law Enforcement Agency (9 pages).
All these motions are filed of public record in the case file regarding State of Florida v. Markeith Loyd, Cause Number 2017-CF-826-A, in the Circuit Court of the Ninth Judicial District in and for Orange County, Florida. They can be viewed online as part of the Orange County Clerk of Court’s Docket.